Is your Lawn Mower Ready for the Summer? Mower Tune up Tips
Once the calendar hits May, it is officially grass cutting season. Some people enjoy doing it, others despise it, but it has to be done. If you want to have a great lawn, you need to have a good lawn mower.
Part of keeping your mower in good working order is properly getting it ready for the season. This means taking it out of the garage or shed and checking it out. Here are some things that you need to take a look at before you start cutting the grass:
- 1. Is the blade sharp? A sharp blade is a must. It will make cutting the grass so much easier.
- 2. Do you need to replace the spark plug? If you are having trouble starting your mower, this is a sign that you may need to change the spark plug.
- 3. Does the oil need to be changed? To keep your mower in good shape, it’s a good idea to change the oil each season.
- 4. Does the engine sound normal? When you start up your mower engine for the first time, let it run and listen to the engine to make sure it sounds okay.
- 5. Does the undercarriage need to be clean of debris? Grass and other debris can build up under the mower, so it’s important to clean it off to keep things running smoothly.
It you are not sure how to perform any of the above fixes, you are best to take it in to get a professional to take a look. This will ensure you get your mower in great working condition for the entire summer.
Do you tune up your lawn mower each season? Do you do it yourself or do you take it in to a professional?