What to do with your Old Beater once you are done with it!
Getting a new car is an exciting experience, especially if it has been a long time coming. A question that comes up frequently when you get a new car is what to do with your old one, especially if it’s an old beater. You don’t want to let it sit in the driveway and take up space.
Here are five options to get rid of your old beater:
- Trade it: You could use your old car as a negotiation chip when buying you new car. Ask about getting some trade in value for you old car to save some money on the new one.
- Sell it: Selling your old car is always an option. Depending on what shape it is in, you may be able to sell it quickly if the price is right.
- Donate it: There are many charities that would be happy to take your old car as a donation. Plus, you will get a tax receipt for your kind gesture.
- Junk it: A final option is to take it to the wreckers. You can sell it to them for a flat fee or for parts to at least get a few bucks out of it.
- Hand it down: If there is someone in your family that is in need of a car, you could always hand it down to them.
If these options don’t work out, you could always just give it away for free to anyone who is willing to take it. There are many people that would be more than willing to take your old car off your hands.
What do you do with your old cars? Do you keep them? Do you use one of these methods to get rid of it?