The warm weather brings about additional distractions for drivers
The change in weather brings a whole new set of potential distractions that drivers need to be ready for while they drive down the road. Warmer weather tends to bring more people outside, and as a result, we see an increase in not only the number of pedestrians, but also in the number of modes of transportation on the road.
The following is a list of things that drivers need to start being conscious of now that warmer weather is on its way. They include:
- Pedestrians: Expect to see more pedestrians and be ready for them.
- Motorcycles: Expect to see an increase in the number of motorcycles on the road.
- Bicycles/scooters: It is now the time of year to start being more conscious of people on bicycles and motorized scooters.
- Roller blades and skateboards: Expect to see more kids on roller blades and skateboards riding on the road and the sidewalk.
- Kids at play near schools and parks: Slow down a little and be more careful in residential areas and school zones as there will be a huge spike in the number of kids that will be playing outside.
- People walking their dog: Keep an eye out for people that are walking their dogs, especially in the evening and at night.
- Joggers/runners: Keep an eye out for joggers and runners early in the morning and late at night. They can sneak up on you quickly and sometimes are hard to see when it’s dark outside.
Do you notice the increase in these distractions when the weather gets warmer?