Top 5 Renovations Trends for 2014
One of the most difficult things about home renovations is deciding which project to do first. Is it time to finish the basement? Is updating the kitchen most important right now? What about creating a luxury outdoor space in your backyard? Sometimes choosing the renovation project is the most difficult part of the entire process.
Is 2014 the year that you are going to invest in your home and do a renovation? If it is, there is no shortage of renovations to consider. What it really comes down to, however, is what makes the most sense for your home, your needs, and fits within your budget for the project.
If you are having trouble narrowing down the list of renovation ideas you are considering, maybe this list of the top renovation trends for 2014 will help:
- Modern Kitchens: You can never go wrong with a kitchen renovation. They are perhaps the most popular home renovation project, and they will definitely add some value to your home. Plus, since most people spend much of their time in the kitchen, it only makes sense to renovation a space that will get significant use. Many people are going with the modern look with simple and clean designs, using white and grey color schemes.
- Bathrooms: Bathroom renovations are right up there with kitchen renovations as popular choices. The trend is for people to create a resort or spa like atmosphere in their bathroom, something that will be much appreciated after a long day at work.
- Technology: One emerging trend that will undoubtedly become more popular in the coming years is the use of technology in the home. There is no shortage of ways that technology can be used to enhance your lifestyle. From things like flat screen TV’s built into your refrigerator, intercom systems, security systems, and speakers built in throughout your home, you can add almost anything that you can think of. Your options are limitless.
- Color, color, and more color: Color is huge in 2014, especially vibrant colors that will catch your eye. Things like accent walls and even accent pieces of furniture are being used to inject color in homes. Think bright and bold colors that will make a statement.
- Sustainable materials and eco-friendly designs: The use of recycled and sustainable materials continues to become more popular. People are more conscious about their impact on the environment and taking steps to improve the overall efficiency of their home is something that is important to more and more homeowners. Plus, reducing energy use will increase your home’s value and save you money on your energy bill, making it a win-win renovation project.
These are only 5 of the many options for you to consider for your home renovation project this year. What renovation idea is most attractive to you? We would love to hear your home renovation plans!