Tips to protecting yourself against heat stroke
Spending time outside during the summer is a great way to pass the time. But, you need to do so in a safe way. Too much exposure to the sun can be dangerous and you need to take steps to protect yourself against heat stroke. The last thing you want to happen is have the day ruined because you starting feeling ill because you spend too much time in the sun.
Whether you are working in the yard for the day, going to the beach, or engaging in sporting activities, use the following tips to protect yourself against heat stroke this summer:
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated at all times
- Apply sunscreen before you go out and re apply every few hours
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes
- If you are at the beach, take a break and sit in the shape of go in the water to cool down your body temperature
- Wear a hat and wear light clothing
- Avoid engaging in strenuous activities on very hot days
- If you start feeling ill get out of the sun immediately. Seek medical attention if necessary
- Stay inside if there is an extreme heat warning in your area
- Know you limit when it comes to sun exposure
Enjoying the sun on a summer day is fine as long as you do it safely. Know you limits and take the necessary safety precautions to avoid getting heat stroke.
What steps do you take to protect yourself from the sun and heat exhaustion?