Tips to get your Yard Ready for Summer
It’s that time of year again. It’s time to get the outside of your home ready for the summer. Depending on the size of your yard, this could be a large undertaking. So, it is probably a good idea to make a list of all the things that you need to do. Take a look at the forecast in your area and plan to work on your yard on the days where the weather will permit.
Here are some things that you can do to round your yard into shape for the season:
- Get your mower tuned up: Beat the crowd and get your lawnmower serviced before everyone else does.
- Fill the propane tank: It’s time to pull out the BBQ, fill up the propane tank and perform any necessary maintenance. You never know when the nice weather will come so make sure your BBQ is ready for it.
- Pull out your tools: It’s time to put away your winter tools and pull out your garden tools so they will be accessible when you need them.
- Assess your yard: Do a walk around your yard and look for any damage that was caused during the winter. Rake up debris such as sticks and leaves that have accumulated over the winter.
- Trip trees and bushes: Trip your trees and bushes before they bloom and grow out of control.
- Buy supplies: Buy all the supplies you will need for the season. Get your seeds, garden tools, soil, yard waste bags, and anything else you need to take care of your garden.
Have you started to work on your garden yet? Are you planning any landscape projects this year?