Things that you can leave at home when packing for your next trip
Your vacation is booked and you are only a few hours away from leaving for your trip and you are trying to figure out what to pack. Like most people, you are probably trying to cram more stuff than you will need into your suitcase. And, you don’t want to bring a second suitcase because you will have to pay to have your bag checked.
So, what do you do? The truth is that there are many different things that you can leave at home that you will not need for your trip.
Here are some packing tips:
- Don’t pack something “just in case” you will use it
- Leave the soap and body wash at home – there is plenty at the hotel
- Wash cloths and towels – these just take up space and are readily available everywhere
- Cut down the number of pairs of shoes you bring
- Don’t go crazy on the socks – You will probably be wearing sandals for most of your trip anyway
- Leave the books at home – they are bulky, take up space, and you could always pick one up at your destination if you really want to read.
- Leave your jacket in the closet – pack a light sweater and that should do the trick if you are going to a warm place
- Don’t overdo the toiletries. Pack light and use travel size bottles to conserve space.
Remember that you will likely bring more back with you that you left with, so try to leave a little space in your bag when packing.
What packing tips do you use to make sure that you don’t bring too much stuff with you on your trip?