Staying North for Spring Break? Affordable Staycation Options in Ontario
Many families are increasingly choosing to stay north during spring break. And, why not? There are many awesome things to do in Ontario that are only a short road trip away. The best part is that most of these staycation activities are affordable, especially when you compare them to a family trip down south for a week.
Here is just a sample of the fun activities that you can do with your family:
- Great Wolf Lodge: Want the beach experience without having to fly south. Take the kids to the great Wolf Lodge and spend the day at the indoor waterpark.
- Ottawa Canal: Feeling like going skating? Why not make it a memorable experience and take the kids to the Rideau Canal Skateway. At 7.8 kilometers, this scenic skating experience will definitely tucker out the kids.
- Science Center and ROM: Feeling like learning a thing or two on spring break this year? Check out the Ontario Science Center or the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM). They have many interesting displays that will keep you occupied for hours.
- Tubing/skiing: For the more outdoor types, making the trip to Blue Mountain or Collingwood for some skiing or tubing is a great spring break option.
- Day in Toronto: For many Ontarians that don’t live in the GTA, a day trip to the big city is a great way to spend the day. You can take a trip up the CN tower, visit the Eaton Center, take in a musical, visit the Hockey Hall of Fame, or spend the day shopping. The options are endless.
- Day camps: There is no shortage of day camps for the kids to attend on spring break. There is literally a camp for everyone these days. There is also no shortage of local community events and attractions to see during spring break. Take a look at your local municipality’s website to see a list of things to do that are fun for the entire family.
What are your plans for spring break this year? If you are sticking around, are you planning on taking a day trip or a weekend getaway with the kids? If yes, what are your plans?