The Most Stolen Cars of 2012 – Is your car on the list?
Every year the Insurance Bureau of Canada releases its annual report listing the most stolen cars of the year. These cars are often easier to steal and are targeted by thieves.
For many vehicle owners it can be a little nerve racking taking a peek at the list. No one wants to see their vehicle on the list. And, if it is, it can create a sense of paranoia.
So, is your car on the list?
Here are the vehicles that made it on the list of most stolen cars for 2012:
- 2000 Honda Civic SiR 2DR
- 1999 Honda Civic SiR 2DR
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS 4DR 4WD
- 2007 Ford F350 SD 4WD PU
- 2005 Cadillac Escalade 4DR AWD
- 2006 Ford F350 SD 4WD PU
- 2002 Cadillac Escalade 4DR 4WD
- 2005 Ford F350 SD 4WD PU
- 2004 Ford F350 SD 4WD PU
- 1999 Acura Integra 2DR
Taking a look at the list, there is a little bit of good news. Most of the stolen vehicles are the same model vehicle, just from different production years. But if you are a Honda Civic owner, it looks like you have once again made the list.
But whether your vehicle is on the list or not, there are a number of things that you can do as a vehicle owner to reduce the risk of your vehicle being stolen. They include:
- Always lock your doors and roll up your windows.
- Park in high traffic areas or at attended lots.
- At night, park in your garage or covered area if possible.
- Install an alarm system if you don’t already have it on in your vehicle.
- Never leave any valuables in your car unattended. Put them in the trunk.
No matter what car you have, you need to be smart and protect your investment.