We're Open
Yes, we are open!

Dear valued HUB Insurance Hunter client: The ongoing COVID-19 crisis is causing extremely high traffic volume and wait times may be longer than usual. We recommend that you register for online self serve to submit your request. Be sure of one thing, we’ll take care of you!

Skip navigation

HUB Insurance Hunter | Is Insurance Necessary for your Cottage?

September 25th, 2011  |  Insurance

Having insurance for your cottage is just as necessary as having insurance for your home. And, it is even more important if you rent out your cottage during the summer. Just like with your home, your car, and when travelling, you need to make sure you have proper insurance in place to protect you and your cottage. You never know what could go wrong and having insurance is the best way to protect yourself.

While you can often get insurance for your cottage from your current home insurance provider, your policy and what is included in it, will vary somewhat. The big difference between the two is that while your home usually is a comprehensive policy, your cottage has coverage for specific types of risks. Therefore, when thinking about your cottage insurance, you need to sit down and think about what coverage options you want to include. Keep in mind that based on what you want to include in your cottage policy, your rates will vary. If you rent out your cottage then you should definitely consider having contents coverage and replacement costs. This will protect you in case things are damaged or stolen.

Insurance is absolutely necessary for your cottage. You need to protect your investment with a good insurance policy. If you want to compare insurance rates for your cottage, visit the HUB Insurance Hunter website and get 3 quotes in 3 minutes with us! All you have to do is provide us with your information and we will do the hunting for you so you can save money. 

The best rates on insurance

Our hunters will find you 7+ quotes in 3 minutes or less.

Home Insurance