Information you need to get an Insurance Quote for Alberta Residents
If you are in the market for auto insurance in Alberta, the first thing that you need to do is to get a quote. To get an accurate quote, you need to have your information ready and organized. This will only make car insurance shopping that much quicker and easier on you.
What information do I need to get a quote?
Here is the general information that you need to get ready when shopping for insurance in Alberta:
- Driver’s license: Have your driver license number readily available. You will need this to get a quote.
- Driving school certificate: If you attended driving school, then you will need to show proof to qualify for a discount.
- Driving history: Getting a driver abstract is the best way to show your driving history. You can use this document when filling out the information you will need to provide to get a quote.
- Bill of sales or lease agreement: These documents will have all your vehicle information that will be needed for car insurance.
- Vehicle inspection report (for older vehicles): If you have an older vehicle, you may be required to provide a vehicle inspection report to verify its condition.
Once you have all this information ready, you can go out a get a quote. This information allows insurance brokers to help you get an accurate quote and properly assess your car insurance needs. Plus, having your information ready ahead of time just speeds up the entire process. Missing information causes delays and it will take longer for you to get a quote and decide on an insurance policy.
Do you take the time to get your information ready before you get a quote? Why? Why not?