How to Protect your Car from the Summer Heat
While most people are worried about keeping cool and protecting themselves from the summer heat, most drivers tend to overlook the importance of also protecting their vehicle from the heat as well. The heat has an impact on many things, including your car.
Making sure that you and your car are ready to take on the summer heat is not as a hard as you think. All it takes is a little time and attention and you will be ready for the summer that lies ahead.
Tips to Protect your Car from the Summer Heat
- Get the A/C Serviced: Making sure the a/c is in great shape will help cool things down this summer.
- Check your tires: Make sure the tread on your tires are good and have them rotated if necessary. Tire pressure increases with the road temperature, so make sure your tires are in good shape before you hit the road.
- Polish the interior: This will protect your dashboard from the sun, which could cause your interior to fade.
- Wash and wax: This will help to protect the exterior of your car from the sun’s rays.
- Park in the shade: Parking in the shade or in covered parking areas will give your car the chance to cool down and get out of the sun.
- Get the cooling system flushed: This will ensure that your radiator and cooling system is ready for the heat and you won’t have to worry about your car overheating when you least expect it.
What steps do you take to protect your car from the summer heat?