How to prevent winter damage on your car | HUB Insurance Hunter Blog
Travel delays and poor road conditions are not the only thing that drivers need to worry about during the winter. The cold winter weather also brings with it an array of ways like rust damage or road salt damage to your car. This is why drivers need to be proactive and understand the things that could land their vehicle in the repair shop this winter.
From frozen locks, cracked windshields, paint scratches, broken windshield wipers, and body damage from road salt, there is a long list of issues that could end up costing you money or having you call your car insurance company to submit an insurance claim. To avoid these issues, you need to educate yourself about how to protect your car during the winter. Here are some ways that you can prevent winter damage on your car this season:
- Park inside if possible
- Wash your vehicle regularly during the winter to remove road salt
- Take your car in for regular maintenance appointments
- Only use ice scrapers and snow brushes to remove snow and ice from your car
- Refrain from trying to force frozen car doors open
- Watch out for pot holes and other damage caused to the roads during the winter driving season
If you would like to talk with one of our insurance advisors about winter damage and your vehicle, don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, don’t forget to visit insurancehunter.ca to get 3 quotes in 3 minutes for you next car insurance policy. Getting a car insurance quote is that quick and easy with us!