How to handle flight delays
Part of travelling is dealing with delays here and there. If you travel frequently then you have probably experienced a delay or two. Everything does not go according to plan all the time. And, when things go wrong, especially when you are flying, getting stuck at the airport for an extended period of time can be boring.
But, there are a number of things that you can do to bide your time, rather than spending it staring down the flight attendant at the desk!
- Catch up on some reading
- Grab a bite to each at one of the restaurants in the airport
- Hit up the lounge and go for a drink
- If you are on a business trip, you can catch up on some work
- Take a nap – but make sure you set an alarm on your phone so you don’t sleep too long
- Go for a walk to get some exercise
- Play a game on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Call home
Before you do any of these things it is a good idea to figure out the status of your flight, how long it is delayed, and any instructions that are provided by the airline.
If your flight is delayed a long time or even cancelled, talk to the airline and see what they can do for you. And, if you have travel insurance, consider contacting your provider to see what they can do for you if serious issues arise with the flight delays.
What do you do to pass the time when your flight is delayed?