Your time is valuable, and we have new options available. Our customers can access their policies online to make self-service changes via HUB MyAccount, or contact us via alternate methods here.

Skip navigation

How to get auto insurance for an out of province vehicle in Toronto

September 20th, 2011  |  Insurance

Moving is part of life and when you move from one province to another, there are a number of things that you need to consider. One thing is how to get auto insurance for an out of province vehicle in Toronto if you have a car from another province.

If you know you are going to be moving, then you need to get organized before you move. Talk to your insurance company and ask for a record that outlines your history of insurance so you will be able to provide this information to a new insurance company in your new province.  It is also a good idea to take a look at your car insurance options before you move. Take some time to identify insurance companies and if you have the time, get a couple quotes to consider. Since insurance rates vary from province to province, this will give you an idea of how much you will have to pay.

Keep in mind that you will have a grace period to get the changes made, so don’t think that you have to get your new auto insurance the day you move in. Don’t forget that you will have to change your vehicles license plate and registration.  So, make sure that you look into the provincial laws regarding the changes in your new province.

If you want to get a quote for auto insurance in Toronto, then visit the HUB Insurance Hunter website. Once you enter your information, we will provide you with 3 quotes in 3 minutes. 

New to HUB Insurance Hunter?

Existing Clients Log In to