Great activities to keep your kids occupied this summer
When the final bell rings on the last day of school, kids across the county jump for joy and excitement as another school year has come to an end. Kids look forward to a summer of fun in the sun, but for parents, it is a time of year that has them wondering about how they are going to keep their kids busy all summer long.
Outside of a taking a trip with the family or going to the cottage, there is still a lot of time to fill over the course of the summer. Here are some great activities that will help keep your children occupied this summer:
- Summer camp: There are plenty of day camps that you can sign you kids up for. Some are general camps and others based on specific interests such as sports, book club, etc.
- Driving school: This is the perfect activity for your teens that are old enough to drive.
- A gym membership: Goodlife Fitness offers all teens between 12 -17 with a free gym membership for the summer months.
- Summer school: While this may be a hard sell, getting your kids to take a summer course to get ahead is a great way for them to spend their time.
- Projects around the house: Why not put your kids to work around the house. There is no shortage of things that you can get them to do such as taking care of the lawn, cleaning out the garage, and many other things. But, you will probably have to pay them to do this!
What activities do you have lined up for your kids this summer?