Going to the U.S. for Black Friday: Check out these 8 travel tips first
Black Friday is the most anticipated shopping day of the year in the United States. Over the past few years, it has also become the most anticipated cross boarder shopping trip for Canadians that are looking to get a great deal and get a head start on their Christmas shopping. If past years are any indication of what to expect when crossing the border, be prepared to spend a few hours waiting to cross if you don’t plan your trip in advance.
8 Travel Tips for Canadian Black Friday Shoppers
If you are planning a trip to the US for Black Friday this year, it is important that you check out these travel tips first:
- Book your hotel now! They book fast.
- Look for the Canadian shoppers discount offers from US hotel chains
- Get a NEXUS pass to eliminate the line up at the border
- Cross over into the US during off peak hours to reduce wait times
- Know your shopping allowances and customs rules. This will save you time on the way home
- Consider travel insurance if you are going for an extended trip or vacation
- Have a shopping plan. Know the stores that you want to visit and locate them on your GPS
- Make sure that you lock your doors and put your alarm on – thieves target Canadian shopper’s vehicles during the busy shopping season.
Are you planning on going to the US for Black Friday this year? What part of the United States will you be travelling to?