Firework Safety this Long Weekend
With the first long weekend of the summer just around the corner, it won’t be long before we see firework trucks showing up all over the place and this means we are officially in firework season.
There is no doubt that fireworks are a great way to cap off an evening with family and friends. But, you need to have your fun in a safe environment where no one is at risk of getting hurt. This is why it is important that you and your family are aware of firework safety. The last thing you want is someone getting injured because they did not think about safety first.
Firework safety tips
- Always follow the laws regarding the use of fireworks in your area.
- Only buy fireworks from reliable sources.
- Once your purchase fireworks make sure that you read all instructions carefully.
- Plan your fireworks display in an open area that is clear of trees, homes, and anything else that could be a fire hazard.
- Make sure that you have both water and sand on hand as a precaution.
- Make sure that all children are supervised and at a safe distance from the area where the fireworks are being lit.
- Never set off fireworks in your hand – always light at an arm’s length.
- Use your common sense and only light one at a time.
- Always follow the proper disposal steps.
Following these steps is very important. Be safe and have fun.
Do you set off fireworks with the family on the long weekends? Do you go down to your cities local fireworks display?