Facts about Insurance Brokers
Did you know that an insurance broker and an insurance company are not the same thing? If you didn’t you are not alone. Actually many Canadians are confused about what an insurance broker is, what they do, and how they are differ from an insurance company. But, don’t worry; we have put together some facts and information about insurance brokers to create some clarity on the topic and help you better understand why using a broker is a wise decision.
Facts and Information about Insurance Brokers
- Are agents that sell insurance policies for home, auto, and car insurance
- Are independent of insurance companies
- Are a resource that can advise you on insurance related matters
- Are regulated by the province they operate in and follow the same legislation as insurers
- Are licensed to sell home and auto insurance policies from multiple insurance companies – which provides consumers with more options
- Are a great resource when shopping for insurance – you tell them about what you are looking for and provide your information and they will shop around to find you the best rates
- Work for consumers first and foremost
- Can help you complete and compare insurance quotes to help you find the best rates
Insurance brokers do more than just sell insurance. They are a valuable resource that is available to consumers when they are in the market for home, travel, or car insurance.
Do you currently use an insurance broker? If not, have you thought about trying one? Do you plan to use an insurance broker in the future?