Don’t Test the Luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day – Don’t Drink and Drive
St Patrick’s Day is the perfect day to enjoy a few green beverages with your friends. However, it is not the time to test the luck of the Irish and get behind the wheel after you have been drinking. One sure thing about St Patty’s Day is that you will have no trouble finding a place to celebrate the Irish and temptation to drink will be in abundance.
The other sure thing is that the police will be out in full force and effect looking for drunk drivers. Don’t be one of them. Getting charge for drinking and drinking can have a major impact on your life and the life of others.
Having a plan to get home reduces the temptation
One of the best things that you can do to avoid a situation that tempts you to drive after you have been drinking is to have a plan for the day beforehand. Know where and when you plan on drinking and make arrangements that involve you not having to drive. Leaving your car at home makes the decision for you and it allows you to enjoy everything that the Irish have to offer without having to worry about driving.
If you plan on going to the pub after work, take public transportation rather than driving. If you are going to a friend’s house, plan on staying the night or take a taxi home.
There is no shortage of ways to get home
- Take a Taxi – its more than worth the few bucks it will cost
- Call a friend or family member – even if it means calling your parents
- Use a designated driver – one of your best options anytime you choose to drink
- Call a designated driver service – They will drive you and your car home
- Take public transportation - bus, street car, or subway, they are all great choices
- Walk home – especially if you live close. Plus, it’s free.
Be a smart leprechaun this year and Don’t Drink and Drink!
What are your plans for St. Patrick’s Day this year? Do you plan on drinking? If you do, what is your plan to get home?