Your time is valuable, and we have new options available. Our customers can access their policies online to make self-service changes via HUB MyAccount, or contact us via alternate methods here.

Skip navigation

Is Content Insurance Different from Home Insurance?

September 22nd, 2011  |  Insurance

While there is no shortage of home insurance terminology that people often confuse with one another, one of the most common is the difference between content insurance and home insurance. While there are some differences, there are also many similarities.

Content insurance is coverage that pays for damage or loss of a person’s or households personal belongings. In this sense, this form of insurance protects the things that you put in your home and is very similar to renters insurance.

Home insurance, on the other hand, is a more comprehensive policy that often includes content insurance as well as other home insurance elements, depending on your policy.

The major difference between the two types of insurance is that content insurance simply covers the items in your home, whereas home insurance covers everything – your content, property, and the physical building.

The policy that is best suited for you is dependent on a number of different things, so it is best to talk to an insurance broker about your needs and what is best for your specific situation. Things like whether you are a renter or homeowner, where you live, and any special type of insurance requirement will all have an impact on the policy you choose.

If you would like more information about content insurance or home insurance, HUB Insurance Hunter is here to help. Visit our website and get 3 quotes in 3 minutes for all your home insurance needs. Get home insurance quotes is that quick and easy!


New to HUB Insurance Hunter?

Existing Clients Log In to