Busy Parking Lots Can Be Like a Game of Frogger during the Holidays – Be Prepared!
The last thing that you want to be doing during the holidays is filing an insurance claim because you got into a fender bender in the mall parking lot. But, let’s face it; part of your holiday season will be spent trying to get out of busy shopping plazas and mall parking lots.
So, you need to be prepared and be on high alert every second. Some of the things that you will be up against include:
- Other drivers backing up without looking
- People driving and talking on their phone
- Vehicles illegally parked in front of the store entrances
- Drivers trying to squeeze into traffic
- Cars blocking traffic
- Pedestrians walking in the middle of the parking lot and impeding the flow of traffic
- Double parked cars
- Random shopping carts that could smash into your car
- Huge snow piles that reduce the number of parking spots
Throw in some snow and icy conditions and getting out of the mall parking lot without issue can be a challenge. Did we mention the screaming kids in the back seat yet? Include them in the ruckus too!
With all of these potential dangers and distractions, you need to be ready for anything when driving in parking lots this holiday season. Put your phone away and focus on what you are doing. Always check your mirrors before changing directions and slow down. If you do this, you should be able to get out of the parking lot without issue.
What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to driving in parking lots during the holiday season?