The Benefits of Attending Driving School
While driving school was once thought of as an optional course that teenagers could take to improve their knowledge and driving skills, the times have completely changed in Ontario. If you are going to get your driver’s license and operate a vehicle, then it is too your advantage to attend driving school before taking your road test.
Selecting a driving school
How much you will benefit is often dependant on the driving school that you attend. All driving schools are not the same. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you select a driving school that not only well established and has a great reputation, but also is a Ministry of Transportation approved driving school.
How drivers will benefit
There are a number of ways that young drivers will benefit from going to driving school. They include:
- A reduction in insurance rates: With a driver training certificate, the cost of automobile insurance could be reduced greatly. How much of a discount you will receive will vary based on your coverage and insurance company. Contact your insurance agent for a quote.
- A reduced waiting time: With a driving school certificate, drivers are eligible to take their G2 road test only 8 months after taking their written test. Without driving school, drivers are requires to wait for one year.
- More practice: Driving school gives drivers the opportunity to gain valuable experience and hours behind the wheel. All that in-car practice will increase your chances of passing your tests.
- Increased awareness: Driving school educates young drivers. It teaches them the rules of the road and traffic laws, as well as the proper techniques that should be used to operate their vehicle. In this sense, driver education will provide the foundation for safe and effective driving in all situations.
- A better driving record: With proper education and experience, young drivers are less likely to develop poor driving habits that will lead to an increase in the number of accidents, infractions, and tickets they get throughout their driving career.
Attending driving school will not only put you on the right track, it will also save a considerable amount of money on your car insurance.