8 Tips for hosting a great holiday party
The holiday season is a time to enjoy the company of your friends, family and coworkers. And, what better way to do so than hosting a holiday party. Holiday parties can be a lot of fun and since the theme of the party is already imbedded in the idea, all you have to do is figure out the logistics of the party. But if you want your party to go off without a hitch, you need to properly prepare.
Here are 8 great tips that will help you host a great holiday party:
- Track the invites: Whether you plan on sending invites in the mail, via email, or plan on calling each person individually, it is best to track who is and is not coming. This will make everything else easier to plan and you will know how much food you will need to prepare.
- Get some helpers: Ask a couple of your friends or family members to help out with the planning of the party. This will put less stress on you. Hosting a party is a lot of work.
- Make a list: To get organized, make a list of everything that needs to get done. Check off everything as you go and assign tasks to your helpers.
- Decorations: This is the easy part. Just decorate your home for the holiday season.
- Have a pot luck: Having a pot luck is one of the simplest ways to host a holiday party. You handle the appetizers and let your guest bring a dish of their choice. Just make sure you track what each person is bringing so you don’t have duplicates.
- Prep beforehand: Prep everything for the party beforehand. This will not only make things easier when the party starts, you will also be able to enjoy yourself.
- Have a plan for drinkers: Try to organize a couple designated drivers for those who plan on drinking. Also, look up the number of your local designated driver service and cab company so they are handy when the party dies down.
- Enjoy the party: Even though you are the host, you still need to take some time to enjoy the company of your guests.