7 Tips to Simplify your Holiday Travel Plans
Each year thousands and thousands of Canadians travel during the holiday season. Some simply make a trip to see family, while others travel to warm destinations to get away from the winter weather. There is no doubt that travelling during the holiday season can be hectic. However, if you use some of the following tips, you can help make your holiday travel safe, cost effective and hassle free:
- Double check your plan: If you are flying, make sure that you double check all of your travel plans. Before you leave home make sure you have all your travel documents in hand.
- Choose driving time strategically: When you drive, make sure that you travel during off peak hours. Also, don’t forget to check the weather conditions before you leave. These two tips alone can save you significant time on the road.
- Pack only what you need: Whether you are driving, taking a train, or flying, only pack what you need. Storage space will be at a premium during this time of year and it is much easier to travel with fewer bags.
- Plan your trip well in advance: Planning your trip in advance gives you an advantage over other travellers. It ensures you can book travel tickets and accommodations without issue.
- Don’t travel on peak dates: If you know you are going to travel, take a look at the calendar before you book your trip. Avoid travelling on peak days so you can avoid the congestions and stress related with travelling on these days.
- Shop around for deals: Even though it is a peak time to travel, there are still deals to be had. So, shop around and look for travel deals, especially if you are travelling in a large group.
- Get travel insurance: If you are going on a trip, it is always a good idea to get travel insurance to make sure you are covered while you are away from home.
Save the headache of travelling during the holiday season. Plan smart and make travel plans that will help you avoid the big rush before Christmas.