6 Ways to Save Money When Renting a Car
Renting a car is a common part of travelling. We rent a car when away on vacation, for road trips, or when we are away on business. Many people rent a car as part of a vacation package and don’t think twice about how much they are paying for the rental. When you do this, you could be missing out on savings.
There are many ways that you can save money when renting a car. The following are some of the most common ways you can save:
- Compare quotes: Just like with anything else, you need to shop around to get the best price.
- Choose a smaller car: Do you really need a Mustang or luxury SUV? Rent a smaller car saves money on both the rental rates and on the cost of gas.
- Keep an eye out for deals: If you know you will be travelling, keep an eye out for rental car deals. Sign up for daily deal and couponing websites and get the notices in your email inbox.
- Cash in your rewards points: Depending on the card and how many points you have collected, you may be able to get a rental car for free.
- Hidden fees: Keep an eye out for hidden and unnecessary fees and avoid them.
- Don’t pay twice for car insurance: If you are covered for rental cars under your current policy then you do not need to get the added insurance from the rental car company. Talk with your insurer to make sure.
What do you do to save money when you rent a car? Tell us about your tips!