6 Things not to leave in your car during the summer
With the warm weather here to stay for the summer, it is time to get out on the road and visit your favorite summer destination. But, when the weather warms up, the sun can really heat things up in your car when you are parked for extended periods of time. Therefore, it is important to be mindful of the things that you leave in your car.
The following is a list of things that you should avoid leaving in your car for extended periods of time this summer. They include:
- Medication: Medication can spoil easily if left in your car under direct sunlight.
- Electronics: There have been many cases of electronics no longer working properly after being left in your car during a hot day.
- Drinks: Whether it is a can of pop or bottle of water, you can forget about drinking it upon your return if you leave it in the car on a hot day.
- Plastic items: If you leave plastic items in your car on a hot day, there is a good chance that you could come back with some melted items taking their place.
- Food and groceries: Food will spoil very quickly if left in a hot car, especially things like chocolate, dairy, meat, and other grocery items.
- Paper on the dashboard: It is very common for people to leave parking receipts on their dashboard, but on a hot day, these could actually ignite and burn up due to the heat.
Have you ever left something in your car by accident? What did you leave? How big of a mess did you have to clean up?