5 Useful Tips for Shopping at a Farmers Market
One of the best things to do during the summer is to visit a farmers market. It is the best time of the year to get local fruit and produce from local farmers. But, if you want to get the best of what the market has to offer, we suggest that you use the following tips:
- Go early: Don’t wait until the end of the day. If you go early you will get first pick for all the fresh fruits and veggies.
- Go often: The more you go, the more likely you will be able to build a friendship with your favorite vendors, which could help you get better deals and tips for when new crops will be available.
- Know what you want to buy: Make a list of the things that you want to pick up at the market. It will make things easier once you get there.
- Know that everything is not local: Most people assume that everything is local. This is not true. There are lots of items that are not local. Make sure you ask the vendor for clarification before you make a purchase.
- Enjoy the experience: If you are going to make the trip, take your time and enjoy your experience. Get what you came for first and then browse around and see what other items are for sale.
Do you visit farmers markets during the summer? If yes, which ones? What advice can you offer to someone that is new to the farmers' market experience?