5 Things to do on a Staycation
Even if you are not planning a summer vacation or a trip far away from home this summer, there are many things that you can do at home when you take some time off work this summer. Commonly referred to as a staycation, having a vacation at home is becoming more popular with many people. All it takes is a little creativity and you can create a wonderful vacation at home this summer.
Here are some great ideas for things that you can do on your staycation this summer:
- A picnic: Planning a backyard picnic is a great way to spend the day. Prepare all the food and drinks the day before and then plan a time to have the picnic.
- Go for a hike: No matter where you live, there is definitely a place that you can go for a hike. You could go to a local park, a bike path, or forested area.
- A themed backyard BBQ: Having a BBQ is great, but having a themed BBQ is even better. Choose whichever theme you want and invite your friends for a great time.
- Take a day trip to the beach: No vacation is complete without going to the beach at least once. Plan a day trip to the beach to soak up the sun and enjoy the water.
- Go to a local festival: During the summer there are always local festivals, flea markets, events, and farmers markets going on. Plan to visit one or a few on your vacation.
Have you ever planned a staycation? What did you do to enjoy your time off?