5 Safe Driving Tips In A SnowStorm | HUB Insurance Hunter Blog
Recently, the horrific Toronto Storm has hindered holiday plans and whether you live in Ontario, Alberta, or any other area across Canada, you are bound to see your fair share of difficult driving situations. Perhaps one of the most difficult is driving in a snow storm in Ontario. From slippery roads, poor visibility, and conditions that can change at any time, there are so many things that you need to be conscious of when behind the wheel.
The following 5 tips when help you to drive safely during snowstorms. They include:
- Slow down: All drivers need to take their foot off the gas pedal and slow down when road conditions deteriorate especially during a snowstorm.
- Give yourself some extra space: The more space you have between you and other drivers, the better. This will give you more time to react on slippery roads.
- Eliminate distractions: Eliminating as many distractions as possible allows you to focus better and keep your eyes on the road.
- Install winter tires at the beginning of winter: Winter tires provide you with the traction and control that you need to drive in the winter and during snowstorms. They are more than worth the investment from a safety perspective.
- Stay home: If possible, consider staying home to avoid driving in a snowstorm altogether.
Be sure to check out the HUB Insurance Hunter blog for more tips and information about howto drive safely this winter. If you are looking for a car insurance quote, visitwww.insurancehunter.cato get 3 quotes in 3 minutes to compare your car insurance options and save money with us.