5 Pieces of Advice for Hiring a Home Contractor
A home renovation project is a big investment. You are most likely investing thousands of dollars in your home to give it an updated look or add a new element to your living space. However, amid all the excitement and eagerness to get the project underway, many homeowners rush one very important decision that can make all the difference in the world for their renovation – Rushing the process of hiring a home contractor.
Hiring a great contractor that has a great reputation is worth is weight in gold and this is why you need to take your time when considering your options. When hiring a home contractor it is important that you follow these very important tips:
- Ask to see their license: Working with a licensed contractor is a must.
- Make sure they are insured: Contractors need to be insured just in case anything happens on the job site.
- Ask for references: It is always a good idea to talk with previous clients about the work that was done on their home.
- Check them out online: The internet can be a powerful tool when seeking out a contractor. Check out their website, review sites like Home Star and Google + Local, and take a look at pictures of the work they did in the past.
- Get the quote in writing: Make sure that you get a quote and all the details of the project in writing before any work is started.
You can never be too careful when it comes to making changes to your home. Have you ever had issues with a contactor in the past? What did you do about it?