5 Home Snow Removal Tips Albertans Cannot Overlook
Shoveling snow is part of life as a homeowner in Canada. Even though we have done it many times in the past, it is still important that we get a refresher each year so we are ready to shovel when the time comes.
Here are some simple, yet often overlooked home snow removal tips for Albertans, and all Canadians.
- Safety first – use the proper technique: Safety should always be a priority when shoveling. Make sure that you use proper lifting techniques and do not try to lift more than you can handle.
- Shovel early and often: If you want to make things easier on yourself, refrain from leaving the shoveling until the snow stops. Shoveling a few times during a snow fall can make snow removal that much easier.
- Dress for the weather: Dressing in the proper attire will not only keep you warm and ensure you do not catch a cold; you will also be able to spend more time outside and allow you to get the job done.
- Get some help: Why do all the shoveling by yourself? Get your family to help you out. A group effort will take less time to finish all the shoveling.
- Use the right equipment: Having a good shovel makes all the difference in the world. Use an ergonomically correct shovel to take the stress off your back. And, if you get lots in snow in your area, consider investing in a snow blower.
What do you think is the most important tip for snow removal? Tell us your thoughts below.