10 Summer Driving Tips
Even though the roads are clear, this does not mean that there is not a whole host of potential dangers on the road during the summer. No matter where you are going and how long you are going to be on the road, you need to be prepared for anything. The summer is a great time for a drive; you just need to be prepared and conscious of your surroundings.
Here are some summer driving tips to help get you in the right frame of mind for summer driving:
- Watch out for children at play in residential neighborhoods and in school zones
- Read traffic reports to avoid accidents and construction zones
- Slow down – the police are out in full force looking for speeders
- Keep water in your car at all times – you never know when you could get stuck in traffic
- Wear sunglasses while driving – this will help cut down the glare and reduce the chance of you being temporarily blinded
- Watch out for pedestrians, especially at traffic lights and stop lights
- Keep an eye out for cyclists, roller bladders, and skateboarders
- Drive according to the weather conditions – slow down during heavy rain or during a storm
- Take a rest periodically if you are driving long distances – road trips are fun, but they can also be tiring and you need to keep your energy levels up.
- Use hands free devices only – put the cell phone down!
What summer driving tips do you think are the most important for drivers to keep in mind?